Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Poem for the pandemic #3

This year for Lent

My desert is a kitchen
chair on the porch

and a neighbor
who calls from the curb
like an angel:

Need anything?

Quite sadly, I say, No.
I have everything.

And that is my biggest
problem.

And yet, if you’re going,
toilet paper is always
nice and why not pick me up

some Shiner.
Of course, if you’re getting beer
how about some chips?

And, since you asked,
I’m almost out of bean dip.

This year for Lent
I think I’m just

giving up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What will you do? A reflection on Psalm 98 and the Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard (for 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time)

  “Let the sea thunder, and all that it holds, the world and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, and the mountains ...